Vote early in person or by mail
In Minnesota, you don't have to wait until Election Day -- vote early with an absentee ballot. Vote early in person You can cast an absentee ballot at your local elections office starting 46 days before Election Day. Visit mnvotes.org for hours a...
In Minnesota, you don't have to wait until Election Day - vote early with an absentee ballot.
Vote early in person
You can cast an absentee ballot at your local elections office starting 46 days before
Election Day. Visit mnvotes.org for hours and locations.
Vote early by mail
You can also apply to have an absentee ballot sent to you in the mail. You must return your
ballot by Election Day (Nov. 6, 2018).
• Apply for a ballot any time during the year at mnvotes.org. Election officials will send voting materials once ballots are available
• Read the instructions that come with your ballot carefully. Your ballot will not count if you do not complete all the forms.
• You will need a witness when you vote and complete your ballot. The witness can be either a registered Minnesota voter or a notary. Your witness must sign the signature envelope and list their address.
• If you are not registered to vote, you will get a registration application in your materials. To register, show your witness one of the identification options listed in the instructions. Your witness must mark which ID you showed them on your signature envelope.
• After you finish, mail the ballot and forms back right away. Your ballot will not count if it is received after Election Day. You can also return your ballot in person to the elections office that sent your ballot.
Track your ballot
All absentee ballots that are received on time and had the forms filled out correctly will be counted. Visit mnvotes.org to track the status of your ballot and confirm that it was received and counted.
You can apply for a ballot any time during the year, except the day of the election. Leave time for election officials to mail your ballot and for you to return it on or before Election Day.
Visit the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State at mnvotes.org or call 1-877-600- VOTE.