New COVID-19 cases have decreased in all eight lakes area counties over the past week. The 8-county lakes area reported 804 new COVID-19 cases over the last seven days, 327 fewer than the previous week, a 29% decrease. Across Minnesota, 24,854 new COVID-19 cases were reported this week, 5,067 fewer than the previous seven days, a 17% decrease. However, statewide COVID-related deaths increased from 189 last week to 200 this week, totaling 9,482 for the entire pandemic.
Becker County reported 140 active cases on Dec. 1, a decrease of 88 active cases than the previous week.
Both Otter Tail and Clay Counties reported three additional COVID-related deaths this week, totaling 127 and 105 deaths, respectively, for the entire pandemic.
Following are the state-listed total number of positive COVID-19 cases in the lakes area, by county, from Nov. 24 to Nov. 30.
- Becker: 6,304, up 96 cases since Nov. 24, including 1 additional death (74 deaths).
- Clay (Moorhead): 12,104, up 239 cases since Nov. 24, including 3 additional deaths (105 deaths).
Otter Tail: 9,882, up 267 cases since Nov. 24, including 3 additional deaths (127 deaths).
- Hubbard: 3,552, up 70 cases since Nov. 24, including 1 additional death (49 deaths).
Norman: 1,050, up 21 cases since Nov. 24 (9 deaths).
Mahnomen: 1,060, up 15 cases since Nov. 24 (14 deaths).
Clearwater: 1,580, up 29 cases since Nov. 24 (20 deaths).
- Wadena: 3,029, up 67 cases since Nov. 24, including 1 additional death (40 deaths).
Otter Tail County reported 311 active cases on Nov. 29, an increase of 19 active cases over the previous week, according to Otter Tail County Public Health.
Becker County reported 140 active cases, a decrease of 88 active cases since Nov. 24, according to Becker County Public Health.
Cass County, N.D. (Fargo) reported 874 active COVID-19 cases, an increase of 97 active cases since Nov. 24, according to the North Dakota Health Department. There have been 36,064 cases reported in Cass County since the pandemic began, including 266 deaths.
The Minnesota Department of Health is also providing weekly updates on vaccination breakthrough cases on their web portal.
More information and assistance
- MDH COVID-19 hotline: 651-201-3920 or 800-657-3903. The hotline is available seven days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- MDH COVID-19 website: www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Becker County Public Health is available to answer your questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-847-5628, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County Public Health is available to answer general questions regarding COVID-19 at 218-998-8320 or 888-349-2581, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Otter Tail County COVID-19 Health Information: ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19-health-information/.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status. If this coverage is important to you, please consider supporting local journalism by clicking on the subscribe button in the upper righthand corner of the homepage.