Park Rapids BPA members qualify for state
The Park Rapids Area High School chapter of Business Professionals of America hosted the Region 6 competition Jan. 19-21.
Park Rapids Area High School hosted the Region 6 Business Professionals of America (BPA) competition Wednesday, Jan. 19.
Members of the Park Rapids BPA chapter who qualified for state were:
- Administrative support team, 2nd place: Emily Schulz, Kelsey Berghuis, Maeve Bolton and Emma Ravnaas.
- Advanced accounting: Mikaela Nelson, 4th; Jaxson Lund, 5th.
- Advanced interview skills: Kaleb Stearns, 1st.
- Advanced word processing: Kassidy Ennen, 2nd.
- Banking and finance: Jamie Brann, 2nd.
- Basic office systems and procedures: Kate Aukes, 1st; Kassidy Ennen, 4th; Kayla Grussing, 5th.
- Business law and ethics: Emily Schulz, 2nd; Isaac Knaack, 4th.
- Computer modeling: Sam Reish, 1st.
- Computer network technology: Danny Hoyt, 1st.
- Economic research project (individual): Jacob Lof, 1st.
- Entrepreneurship: Natalie Harvey, 2nd.
- Financial analyst team, 2nd place: Henry Thorson and Jacob Lof.
- Fundamental accounting: Abby Morris, 2nd.
- Fundamental desktop publishing: Morgan Koppelmann, 2nd.
- Fundamental spreadsheet applications: Kate Aukes, 3rd.
- Global marketing team, 1st place: Sam Reish, Zach Van Batavia, Jaxson Lund and Kaleb Stearns.
- Health administration procedures: Abby Morris, 3rd; Kelsey Berghuis, 5th.
- Personal financial management: Jaime Brann, 3rd; Maeve Bolton, 4th.
- Prepared speech: Natalie Harvey, 2nd.
- Presentation management (individual): Zach Van Batavia, 2nd.
- Python programming: Danny Hoyt, 3rd.
State qualifiers will compete March 10-12 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. They will the vie to qualify for the national competition May 4-8 in Dallas, Texas.