Firefighter injured in Wadena County shed fire

Menahga Fire Department was called for mutual aid in Rockwood Township on May 7, for a storage shed that was destroyed by fire.


A firefighter was hospitalized during the response to a shed fire Friday, May 7 in Wadena County.

According to a media release from the Wadena County Sheriff’s Office, a structure fire was reported at approximately 2:06 p.m. in Section 17 of Rockwood Township.

Arriving personnel found an outbuilding or storage shed on fire. The Sebeka and Wadena fire departments requested mutual aid from the Menahga Fire Department. Also assisting on scene were the Sebeka Police Department and Tri-County Ambulance.

They battled the fire for approximately 2-1/2 hours before it was extinguished. The structure and its contents were a total loss.

The release states the suspected cause of the fire was a lawnmower that was still hot from being used when it was put away. It also says a firefighter was transported to Tri-County Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Related Topics: FIRES
What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
Mike Clemens, a farmer from Wimbledon, North Dakota, was literally (and figuratively) “blown away,” when his equipment shed collapsed under a snow load.