Fire department called to Revel Brewing
Smoke on the patio seating area was due to an electrical issue.
The Park Rapids Fire Department was called for a mishap Saturday, April 24 at Revel Brewing in downtown Park Rapids.
According to Hubbard County Dispatch, there was a report of a fire inside the brewery at 3:59 p.m. on Saturday.
Co-owner Katie Deschene told the Enterprise that an employee saw smoke as she entered the building and brewery staff called 911. Fire personnel arrived in about a minute, she said, by which time they had already attempted to cancel the emergency.
Deschene said that on investigating further, they found that the smoke was not coming from inside the microbrewery but from an electrical panel in the patio area at the rear. She said the circuitry for the brewery’s chiller unit was fried, but the chiller was functioning and electrical repairs were underway as of Monday.
There were no flames and the brewery was not damaged, Deschene said.