Becker County police reports
Friday, Aug. 30 At 11:25 a.m. Bremer Bank reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill in a deposit. At 5:05 p.m. a shed break-in was reported on the 30000 block of Valley View Road in Burlington Township. A metal detector that had been in the shed ...
Friday, Aug. 30
- At 11:25 a.m. Bremer Bank reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill in a deposit.
- At 5:05 p.m. a shed break-in was reported on the 30000 block of Valley View Road in Burlington Township. A metal detector that had been in the shed was found under some bushes. Other items were missing.
Saturday, Aug. 31
- At 1:17 a.m. a Waubun woman was injured in a one-vehicle accident on Hanson Lake Road in South Height of Land Township. Tiffany Mae Soyring, 22, was driving a GT Grand Am when she lost control on a curve and slid into a ditch. She woke up with severe back pain and was taken to the hospital by St. Mary’s Ambulance.
- At 1:22 a.m. police received a report of a man lying in the street near the NAPA store in Detroit Lakes. The caller said he looked like he had been beat up.
Sunday, Sept. 1
- At 6:50 a.m. Charley’s Bar in Height of Land reported a large amount of money had been taken from two pull tab boxes sometime overnight.
- At 8:47 a.m. the theft of a silver and gray mountain bike was reported at Zorbaz.
- At 11:33 a.m. the theft of a 2004 Z71 Chevrolet pickup truck was reported. The vehicle was taken from Washington Avenue. The keys had been left on the floor.
- At 6 p.m. St. Joseph’s Hospital in Park Rapids reported treating Teanna J. Nelson, 29, no address available, for facial injuries suffered in an ATV crash in the Smoky Hills area.
Monday, Sept. 2
- At 8:27 a.m. vandalism to a deer stand was reported in Spruce Grove Township. Braces and wooden steps were missing.
- At 8:27 a.m. the theft of an Eagle depth-finder and transducer and Minnkota trolling motor were reported. The items were taken sometime the past two weeks from J&K Marine.
Tuesday, Sept. 3
- At 1:11 p.m. the theft of a till box was reported from WSC in Audubon. It was taken sometime after Friday.
- At 1:33 p.m. a hay field was reported on fire near Osage. Carsonville firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.
Wednesday, Sept. 4
- At 8:56 a.m. Detroit Lakes Auto Glass reported receiving email with an attachment from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Police advised them it was a scam - the FBI does not contact people via email.
- At 10:15 a.m. Detroit Lakes animal control was called to deal with a mink that had found its way into the storage room of Going Postal in downtown Detroit Lakes. The mink was trapped and relocated.
- At 10:42 a.m. Seaberg Yamaha reported the theft of parts, which occurred a few days earlier.
- At 12:42 p.m. Wells Fargo Bank reported an attempted scam involving a “job opportunity” and a fraudulent check.
- At 4:44 p.m. a woman reported being kicked in the leg by a horse in the Strawberry Lake area. She headed to the hospital via private vehicle, but decided to meet an ambulance after the pain grew unbearable.
- At 6:23 p.m. a storage shed break-in was reported on the 13000 block of Redman Beach Road, Cormorant Township. Taken were a .22 Browning lever-action long gun, along with gasoline and propane.
Thursday, Sept. 5
- At 11:54 a.m. police received a report that a man had crashed while riding his bicycle and was now having a seizure. The incident occurred at James Street and Roosevelt Avenue.
- At 3:19 p.m. a theft was reported on the 1300 block of Roosevelt Avenue.
- At 3:48 p.m. a Walmart customer reported that a blond man with a shaved head and a ponytail had asked for money in the parking lot, had chased and kicked at the car and was now waving at vehicles.
- At 5:47 p.m. a Richwood Township man reported the theft of steak and beer from a refrigerator in his unlocked shop on County Road 149.
- At 6:43 p.m. road construction workers at Willow Street and McKinley Avenue reported that a man with a camera kept jumping out in front of their trucks.
- See more at: http://www.dl-online.com/content/crime-and-accident-report-1#sthash.9c7P...