REMER, Minn. -- A 46-year-old Hill City man received burns and "serious" injuries after a furnace exploded at a residence in Remer on Wednesday, according to a news release.
The man was working on a propane furnace when it exploded Wednesday morning, according to the release.
He was transported to a Twin Cities hospital via North Memorial Air Care, where they treated him for burns and serious injuries, according to the news release.
Remer is about 70 miles southeast of Bemidji.
The man was the only person in the residence at the time of the incident, according to the release.
The Cass County Sheriff’s Office and the Minnesota State Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating the incident.