In order to slow the spread of COVID-19, the following changes have been announced:
- Ark Animal Hospital is offering curbside service. People are no longer allowed into the clinic. Call ahead for pet food and/or prescription orders. If your pet has an appointment, call when you arrive, and they will come and get your pet and/or bring out your food or prescriptions. If you are sick or have recently traveled, please stay home. If you have a question that can be answered over the phone, call 218-732-3119
- Dogs Paw's east location is closed from March 20 through April 20, which is subject to change. The west location is open for boarding pickups and retail ales/curbside sales until Friday, March 27, then it will be closed for 10-14 days. They have opened an online store so you can shop from home. Visit luxurydogspaw.com.
- Park Theatre. Due to current events, Park Theatre will be closed for now. They will announce their re-opening date when they know more. Thank you for your patronage!
- Citizens National Bank's lobby is closed until further notice. Drive-thru and walk-up are open Mon. - Fri. 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sat. 7:30 a.m. to noon. Their lines of communication are open. Call 732-3393 to schedule an appointment with a loan officer or a personal banker. Online, mobile and 24 hour phone banking are available 24/7.
- Community First Bank in Menahga remains open only to drive-up, walk-up, and eectronic banking, beginning March 20 until further notice.
- Northview Bank will remain staffed during the temporary closure of its lobbies. All drive-up locations will remain open in order to continue serving customers. They encourage customers to use their online services, mobile banking, ATMs and online loan application process to conduct business. Friendly staff and loan officers are also ready to take calls during normal business hours to help you conduct your banking needs, 732-3366.
- Northwoods Bank's lobby is closed. Drive up and walk up (Main Branch ) is 8 a.m. to 5:50 p.m. Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to noon Sat. Drive up (Express Branch) is 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon- Fri. The bank is still available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mon- Fri by appointment only, for loans, new accounts and safe Box entrance. Call 732-7221.
- Trustar Federal Credit Union has made the difficult decision to close all branch lobbies effective March 18. Drive-thrus, ATMs, and night deposit boxes will remain open. Members will be served through channels including telephone, online chat, and secure messaging. Call 218-237-8000 or 800-887-0220 with questions.
The Itasca-Mantrap Electric Cooperative office will be closed to the public on March 19, until further notice, to limit the potential person-to-person spread of COVID-19.
The Becker County Republican Convention is being changed from Saturday, March 21 to Saturday, April 18, and the Congressional District 7 Republican Convention is being changed from April 24-25 to May 1-2 in Walker.
The Headwaters Animal Shelter is limiting access to the shelter, beginning March 18. The gates will be closed, but staff will be manning the phones from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The public may email or use Facebook message to contact the shelter. Entry will be limited to commercial delivery services, trash service, utility workers, surrender by appointment, stray claim by appointment, foster/adoptions by appointment.
Essentia Health is postponing all routine appointments and elective procedures for two weeks, beginning March 18. The decision affects appointments and elective procedures scheduled at any Essentia hospital or clinic from March 18 to April 1. Decisions about appointments and procedures after April 1 will be made later.
Beginning March 18, the Region 2 Arts Council (R2AC) office will close and staff will work from home. Their goal is to re-open the Bemidji office on March 30. While working from home, R2AC staff will attempt to carry out the following routine activity with minimal interruption: grant reviews, contract and outcomes processing and support, outreach to granted organizations, final report reading and approval and grant writing support.
Northern Light Opera Company is changing its audition format on March 27 because of COVID-19. People can audition online via ZOOM. Go to: www. northernlightopera.org, click on "Auditions Info" and follow directions.
Hubbard County UMN Extension has cancelled educational programs through April. "Promoting a Healthy Forest" has been rescheduled to Thursday, May 14 at Northwoods Bank, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Park Rapids Kinship has cancelled mentor training that was scheduled for March 21. There will be no Kinship group meetings or activities until further notice.
- The Hubbard County Veterans Services Office has temporarily closed for the health and safety of county veterans. Those needing services should call 732-3561 or email Jerry Bjerke at Jerrold.firstname.lastname@example.org or Darius Simon at email@example.com.
Adventures in Lifelong Learning has cancelled all of its spring sessions. Organizers hope to return next fall with same speakers.
Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations cancelled its March 26 meeting.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has cancelled all safety education training, including firearms safety training; deer management plan open houses and elk input meetings in northwest Minnesota.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status.