As of 5:50 a.m. Friday, the Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted a no travel advisory for Hwy. 2 in northwestern Minnesota.
Blizzard conditions are diminishing, but motorists should use caution when traveling, especially in open areas with no wind breaks.
After a storm, motorists should:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.