Dean Christofferson and Jon Gravdahl used a record-setting catch to win the title at the 22nd annual Fall Classic fishing tournament Sept. 9 on Long Lake.
Christofferson and Gravdahl finished with 52.28 points after catching three northern pike weighing 27.8 pounds, six bass weighing 11.43 pounds and six walleyes weighing 10.55 pounds. The duo, which received 2.50 bonus points for catching all three species, hauled in a 14.94-pound northern to help top the 30-boat field.
Lonnie Murphy and Ryan Westervelt, the defending champions, finished second with 41.81 points with three northerns at 19.62 pounds, six bass at 13.33 pounds and five walleyes at 6.36 pounds to go along with the 2.50 bonus points. Noah Berglund and Jonah Winter caught six walleyes at 14.62 pounds (including a 7.39-pound fish), three northerns at 13.75 pounds and six bass at 10.55 pounds to earn bonus points and finish third with 41.42 points.
Rounding out the place winners were Chad Mikota and Mark Mikota (41.13 points, including 25.36 pounds of pike), Brett Kent and Ryan Kent (37.56 points), Bob Mack and Scott Yliniemi (32.45 points), Keith Blumberg and David Luedke (32.42 points) and Ryan Jacobs and Troy Laidlaw (28.70 points).
The tournament benefits the Park Rapids boys tennis program.
Fall Classic results
• Dean Christofferson/Jon Gravdahl 52.28 points.
• Lonnie Murphy/Ryan Westervelt 41.81 points.
• Noah Berglund/Jonah Winter 41.42 points.
• Chad Mikota/Mark Mikota 41.13 points.
• Brett Kent/Ryan Kent 37.56 points.
• Bob Mack/Scott Yliniemi 32.45 points.
• Keith Blumberg/David Luedke 32.42 points.
• Ryan Jacobs/Troy Laidlaw 28.70 points.