Weather Forecast


Man injured by fire retardant in stove fire

Man injured in stove fire. (Sarah Smith / Enterprise)

By Sarah Smith / Enterprise  

 A Hubbard County man was treated at the scene of a stove fire Monday morning.

     It is not known if the ambulance took him to St. Joseph’s Area Health Services for additional treatment.

     The fire, a mile west of Park Rapids on Highwav 34, was reported around noon.

     The resident was cooking lunch when the stove ignited, Fire Chief Donn Hoffman said,

     The man poured dry fire extinguisher on the blaze, but that backfired into the man’s face.

     “He had it in his eyes and in his nose, all over,” Hoffman said.

     The man walked to a waiting ambulance. The fire was out by the time trucks had arrived on the scene.

Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.

(218) 732-3364