Park Rapids Area School Board approves reductions
The Park Rapids Area School Board approved a few more reductions for the 2014-15 school year at Monday night’s meeting.
The board approved the reduction of one FTE K-2 paraprofessional, one FTE elementary EBD paraprofessional and .4 FTE middle school secretary.
Superintendent Lance Bagstad said that these should round out the reductions for the year.
In other business, the board:
- Approved the addition of a media center assistant position.
- Approved Minnesota State High School League membership for 2014-15.
- Approved a PAWN special education cooperative memo of understanding.
- Approved extended medical leave of absence for bus driver Bill Christleib through June 8.
- Approved hiring Dakota Aeling as an elementary teacher.
- Approved hiring Sara Kovach as an elementary special education teacher.
- Approved medical leave for Margo Wattenhofer.
- Approved first readings of several handbook policy updates.
- Received a $2,000 donation from the Minnesota State High School League Foundation for CPR training for coaches.
- Received donations from several businesses for the Business Professionals of America trip to nationals.
- Recognized state swimming participant Connor Smythe.
- Recognized Samantha Wiese as Student of the Month for May.