Weather Forecast


Easter fire destroys kitchen near Hubbard

A gas stove regulator malfunctioned Sunday afternoon at a Hubbard home, burning Easter dinner and a kitchen.

Park Rapids and Menahga firefighters responded to the home of Bradley Laabs on County Road 6 about 2 p.m., according to the Hubbard County Sheriff's Department. They were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area.

State Patrol and Hubbard County officers both responded.

Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.

(218) 732-3364