Weather Forecast


Wolf Lake man injured in house fire that caused extensive damage

A Wolf Lake man was treated and released from the Park Rapids hospital following a home fire Tuesday afternoon.

Wolf Lake fire chief Bret Anderson said Chad Pikula was taken to St. Joseph's Area Health Services in Park Rapids and released later Tuesday for unspecified injuries.

His single family residence in Wolf Lake was in flames when firefighters arrived shortly after 4:40 p.m., Anderson said.

That department called in Frazee firefighters under a mutual aid agreement.

"Between the two departments I'd estimate 15 firefighters total and five trucks" responded, Anderson said.

"The structure sustained extensive damage. The fire was contained to one portion of the house but there was smoke damage throughout."

The department called in fire marshal Kevin Mahle to assist in deter-mining the cause.

Mahle then had to head to the Velvet Antler fire in Nevis.

Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.

(218) 732-3364