Weather Forecast


Hubbard County man's condition upgraded in carbon monoxide poisoning

The condition of a Hubbard County man critically injured in a carbon monoxide poisoning in Beltrami County has been upgraded.

Christopher Crew, 30 is hospitalized at the Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was airlifted after becoming poisoned in a Beltrami County township home early Saturday.

HCMC has a hyperbaric chamber that detoxifies the effects of carbon monoxide.

The carbon monoxide caused the death of 50-year-old Coleen Jennings at her home in Frohn Township. Five other people, including three Beltram County deputies responding to the scene and Jennings' son, were hospitalized after becoming sick from the fumes.

A faulty furnace and water heater in the home are being blamed for the gas leak.

Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.

(218) 732-3364