The public is invited to a program Wednesday, Sept. 6 at Northwoods Bank Community Room to learn more about League of Women Voters. League has been operating for 97 years providing education and advocacy to strengthen our county's voting systems.
A meet and greet with coffee and cake will open the evening from 6 to 6:25 p.m. The program will start promptly at 6:25 p.m. with state executive director, Michelle Witte, and then those attending will break into small groups to answer questions on these topics:
• What does the League do? What kind of programs and events do we put on each year?
• What does it mean to be non partisan? How can you advocate on an issue without being partisan?
• Reviewing League positions and how do we arrive at this official positions?
• Voter Services: What do we do to support elections every year?
• What does it mean to be a member of League? What do we expect of members? What do members expect of the League?
Please RSVP by email or call Carolynne White at 218-732-9819 and feel free to extend this invitation to friends, neighbors, etc. who might also be interested learning about League. Please direct any questions about LWVPRA activities, events or how to join LWVPRA (remember it's not for women only) by emailing lwvparkrapids//lwvparkrapidsarea.blogspot.com/.