Heartland Concert season announced
The 2014-15 Heartland Concert Association season is about to begin. Concerts will be at 7:30 p.m. in the Park Rapids Area High School auditorium.
Admission is by season membership ticket only, which may be purchased at Beagle Books in Park Rapids, Thrifty White Drug in Walker.
- The Harmonious Wail opens up the series Saturday, Oct. 4. How DOES one describe the sound of Harmonious Wail? Smoldering vocals laced among the jazzy mandolin and guitar along with an infectious blend of continental jazz, swing, gypsy music and melodic vocals.
The enticing arrangements and sheer joy the Wail brings to every performance is downright addictive!
- Amit Peled will play cello along with piano accompaniment Friday, Nov. 7. From the United States to Europe to the Middle East and Asia, Israeli cellist Amit Peled is a musician of profound artistry and charismatic stage presence.
He is acclaimed as one of the most exciting instrumentalists on the concert stage today. Amit is a strong advocate of breaking boundaries between performers and the public and trying to promote and share classical music with wider audiences.
- Thursday, Feb. 12 is Jamiee Paul featuring the Leif Shires Quartet.
Let yourself be transported to another place and time and enjoy this dynamic rising vocalist, Jaimee Paul. Her voice and sophisticated stage presence will mesmerize and enchant you, as she has with audiences all over the world. Jaimee is backed by a jazz combo led by her husband, Leif Shires. Both Jaimee and Leif are in high demand with their fellow Musicians in Nashville, including Kelly Clarkson.
- Tenor Ben Gulley will perform Friday, March 6.
Met Opera award winner and PBS favorite, Gully sings a program of well-known operatic arias, spirituals and Broadway. Gulley’s career is growing daily with lead and feature roles in opera, solo engagements, concert work, film work and nationwide touring as well as prestigious appearances abroad. He is also a member of the SONY/BMG recording group The American Tenors. He is not only a fabulous singer but also a personable young man.
- Six Appeal, the 2012 National Harmony Sweepstakes Champions, will perform Sunday, May 17.
Swearing off instruments, the award-winning vocal band Six Appeal takes you on a journey that spans decades of music, performing classic oldies, current chart toppers, and catchy original tunes, all sung a cappella. With over
70 combined years of musical training and experience, Six Appeal utilizes a diverse arsenal of style and entertainment.
Concert association members may attend performances in Bemidji and Wadena.
Wadena performers include Rebecca & Kuba Tuesday, Oct. 14, American Tapestry Tuesday, Nov. 18, Two on Tap Dec. 14, Todd Oliver & Friends Feb. 26 and Link Union May 1.
Bemidji concert performances include Paulo Padilha and Group Oct. 25 and Shanren (date TBA).
For more information, contact Bobbi Zigmant at 732-9293 or Kathy Hollenbeck at 237-6004.