Wolf Lake propane leak causes evacuation of several homes
A propane leak at the Cenex Coop Sampo station in Wolf Lake caused the evacuation of several homes Tuesday morning.
Wolf Lake Fire Chief Bret Anderson said the leak occurred around 11:30 a.m. when an employee at the station at 132 W. Johnson St. was trying to replace a valve on a storage tank used to fill small propane tanks used for grills.
Andersen said only a few people were affected because the incident occurred in the middle of the day. He said that the fire department was at the scene for about 90 minutes.
Cenex Coop Sampo employees were able to turn off the valve.
No injuries were reported.