Weather Forecast

Greg Remus

VETS VIEWS: VSO explains State Soldiers Assistance Program

Email News Alerts

Are you a veteran or a dependent of a veteran and need eye glasses or dental work, yet can't afford it? Are you temporarily disabled and having a hard time meeting your financial obligations? There may be help.


Under the State Soldiers Assistance Program (SSAP), the Minnesota Department of Veteran's Affairs (MDVA) provides subsistence, dental and optical assistance to veterans and their dependents (spouse/children) based upon income and need.

What Is Covered?

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.