Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Space heater causes Frazee house fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Park Rapids,Minnesota 56470 http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/sites/all/themes/parkrapidsenterprise_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Park Rapids Enterprise
Space heater causes Frazee house fire
Park Rapids Minnesota PO Box 111 56470

FRAZEE, Minn. – Blankets too close to a space heater started a house fire here Saturday night.

Advertisement

Fire crews from Perham, Vergas and Frazee responded to a house fire around 10:30 p.m at 51249 428th Ave. here. Saturday, after a resident awoke to find blankets near an infrared space heater had burst into flames, according to a press release from the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office. The resident was able to exit the home safely.

Crews extinguished the blaze, but the home sustained heavy fire damage in the lower level and smoke damage throughout. There was no evidence of foul play, the release said.
Advertisement
Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness