Potato Lake home suffers chimney fire | Park Rapids Enterprise

Weather Forecast

The living room suffered fire and water damage in Monday morning's fire. (Sarah Smith / Enterprise)

Potato Lake home suffers chimney fire

Email News Alerts

A Hubbard County man and his daughter narrowly escaped a chimney fire early Monday morning that caused extensive damage to their Potato Lake home.


Nearly 30 firefighters from Park Rapids and Nevis responded to the 2 a.m. call off County Road 40.

"The fire alarm sounded," said Laura Krupich, a Fargo resident who was staying with her father, Richard Krupich.

"Otherwise we probably wouldn't be here."

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Sarah Smith
Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.
(218) 732-3364