Park Rapids Area School Board reorganizes, elects 2014 officers
The Park Rapids Area School Board met to reorganize in 2014.
The board’s reorganizational meeting was rescheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 8 due to school being closed Monday, Jan. 6 due to cold weather.
Sherry Safratowich was nominated as chair of the Park Rapids Area School Board once again for the year 2014.
The board elected other officers. Gary Gauldin was named vice chair, Steph Carlson named clerk and Karol Savage named treasurer.
In other business, the board:
- Set regular school board meetings for 6 p.m. the first and third Mondays of the month unless those dates conflict with holidays. Upcoming meetings are rescheduled to Wednesday, Jan. 22 due to Martin Luther King Day and Tuesday, Feb. 18 due to Presidents’ Day.
- Designated the Park Rapids Enterprise as the official newspaper.
- Designated official depositories for school district funds.
- Approved school district memberships for the Minnesota School Boards Association, Northwest Service Cooperative, North Country Vocational Cooperative, Minnesota Rural Education Association, Hubbard County Family Collaborative, and joint powers agreements for the city and county fueling facility and city and county community center.
- Authorized the superintendent, business manager, accounting technician and payroll technician to make electronic fund transfers as recommended by the school district’s audit firm and to sign checks on the Imprest account.
- Approved a resolution directing administration to make recommendations for adjustments in curriculum, programs and staffing for the 2014-15 school year.
- Approved a leave of absence for bus driver Bill Christlieb until March 3, 2014.
- Accepted several donations, including a memorial from the Rodney Lof family to the high school choir for $500, Curt and Betty McCabe donation for $100, a 55-gallon aquarium to middle school science from Jack Brann and $1,620 from the Minnesota State High School League for student participation fees.