Park Rapids area could see a foot more of snow this weekend
Score Round 1 for Mother Nature.
Round 2 could entail a knockout punch.
Hubbard County could get seven to 14 inches of snow by Monday.
Four inches of snow fell Thursday and overnight, with another inch on the way Friday.
“The snow today doesn’t look like it’ll be too significant overall,” meteorologist Jeff Makowski said early Friday morning. “Maybe an inch or two during the day.
“The bigger storm looks to be on the way for Sunday and Sunday night and that looks like a much stronger system with the potential for significant snowfall accumulations,” Makowski added.
“Right now it looks like the possiblility of seven to 14 inches of snow during late Saturday night, more likely Sunday into Sunday night and down toward Park Rapids there could be a little bit of mixed precipitation Sunday but we’re still fine-tuning the snowfall amounts and working on the exact track of this storm system,” Makowski said.
‘There’s a little bit of uncertainty as to where the heaviest snow will fall.”
Hubbard County drivers faced dicey conditions Friday morning. Snowfall concealed a layer of freezing drizzle that fell Thursday night.
Here is the extended forecast:
- Snow showers, mainly before 1pm. High near 30. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- TonightScattered snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 20. North wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- SaturdayCloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 36. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday NightA 30 percent chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. East wind 5 to 13 mph.
- SundaySnow. High near 31. Breezy, with a east wind 15 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday NightA 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Breezy.
- MondayA 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Monday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- TuesdayA slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday NightA chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- WednesdayA chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday NightA chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 26.
- ThursdayA chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.