No injuries in DL house fire
No one was injured in a house fire in Detroit Lakes on Tuesday afternoon.
The fire at 1307 Summit Ave. was reported at 2:07 p.m.
According to the Detroit Lakes Police Department, It occurred when James David Gunthorpe, 46, was replacing a furnace for the landlord, Gary Eugene Doele, 56, who was also present during the installation.
Gunthorpe said he was working on the breaker box and saw sparks. He shut down the power and then saw smoke coming from the roof.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.