Nevis graduate continues miraculous recovery from Minneapolis blaze
Sadie Norlin's miracle has taken flight.
One month after surviving a Minneapolis house fire that claimed the life of her housemate, the Nevis graduate walked out of Hennepin County Medical Center, where she'd been treated for smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Norlin has temporarily returned to Nevis to spend a couple weeks recuperating with parents Steve and Betty Norlin.
Her leaving HCMC was a day they prayed about, but one they weren't sure would come to be in the early stages after the fire when they were at their lowest point.
Sadie Norlin, 27, was in critical condition and kept in a comatose state for the first two weeks of her recovery as doctors sought to clear her lungs of the smoke she inhaled. She and two other roommates were rescued in the March 21 early morning fire on Harriet Avenue. She was the only one hospitalized.
Betty Norlin said Sadie's recovery would take awhile, but a full recovery is anticipated.
In two weeks, Sadie Norlin is planning on finding new housing in Minneapolis and moving back there with one or more roommates. She hopes to resume her studies at the University of Minnesota.
A fund has been set up for Sadie Norlin at TruStar Federal Credit Union in Park Rapids, PO Box 729. It is called the Sadie Norlin Benefit Account.
The fire claimed the life of 25-year-old Adam Briesemeister.