Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
A chimney fire at the residence of Connie and Don Loomer Friday afternoon caused some first floor damage to a main floor bedroom. (Jean Ruzicka / Enterprise)

Firefighters respond to second chimney fire Friday

Email News Alerts

A chimney fire at the residence of Connie and Donna Loomer Friday afternoon caused some first floor damage to a main floor bedroom. Main floor water damage was caused by the nearly 30 firefighters from Park Rapids and Menahga that responded. "There was a small explosion when we were in there," said Park Rapids Fire Chief Donn Hoffman. "We still don't know what that was." He said the house, north of Park Rapids on U.S. Highway 71, was uninsured.

Advertisement

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Sarah Smith
Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.
(218) 732-3364
Advertisement