Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
A chimney fire at the residence of Connie and Don Loomer Friday afternoon caused some first floor damage to a main floor bedroom. (Jean Ruzicka / Enterprise)

Firefighters respond to second chimney fire Friday

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Park Rapids, 56470
Park Rapids Minnesota PO Box 111 56470

A chimney fire at the residence of Connie and Donna Loomer Friday afternoon caused some first floor damage to a main floor bedroom. Main floor water damage was caused by the nearly 30 firefighters from Park Rapids and Menahga that responded. "There was a small explosion when we were in there," said Park Rapids Fire Chief Donn Hoffman. "We still don't know what that was." He said the house, north of Park Rapids on U.S. Highway 71, was uninsured. It was the second chimney fire the squads responded to Friday. The first was on Central Avenue Friday morning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement