Weather Forecast


Fire at Walsh Lumber takes out heating system

Email News Alerts

     A fire Tuesday afternoon at Dick Walsh Forest Products damaged the company’s heating system but was extinguished in an houe.


     Park Rapids Fire Chief Donn Hoffman said both his department and Menahga’s responded to the incident.

     The fire, at Highway 71 and County 32, began in the boiler room. Hoffman said.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.

Sarah Smith
Sarah Smith is the outdoors editor. She covers courts, business and breaking news in addition to outdoors events.
(218) 732-3364