Fire destroys hog barn, mobile home on County 18
Four generations of Arviks stood by helplessly Wednesday night as fire destroyed a mobile home and hog barn northeast of Park Rapids.
No one was injured and all the animals were evacuated safely as four fire departments converged on the farm on County Road 18 and Grouse Road.
Park Rapids called in Nevis, Menahga and Carsonville to help extinguish the flames.
“Son of a gun,” said Vincent Arvik, who owns the property with wife Sharon. “It’s enough to make a preacher swear. But it could be a lot worse.”
Arvik thought faulty wiring in the barn was to blame.
Firefighters did not list an official cause. Read more on the fire on Saturday’s Enterprise