Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Eagle Lake man electrocuted by extension cord

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
region Park Rapids, 56470
Park Rapids Minnesota PO Box 111 56470

WILLMAR, Minn. -- An Eagle Lake man was electrocuted Sunday evening while working on a boat lift at his home.

According to the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department, Brian Van Engen, 56, was moving his boat lift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare of insulation. The cord had been used to supply power to the electric boat lift.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Van Engen went under the water and a neighbor unplugged the extension cord and pulled him from the water. He was transported him to Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, where he was pronounced dead.

Advertisement
Park Rapids Enterprise (218) 732-8757 customer support
Advertisement
Advertisement