Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

DL family excapes carbo monoxide poisoning

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
region Park Rapids,Minnesota 56470 http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/sites/all/themes/parkrapidsenterprise_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Park Rapids Enterprise
(218) 732-8757 customer support
DL family excapes carbo monoxide poisoning
Park Rapids Minnesota PO Box 111 56470

There was a close call in carbon monoxide poisoning Tuesday night.

At 11:36 p.m. Tuesday, Gary Ware of Detroit Lakes requested an ambulance when he observed his wife and the family's two cats on the floor "breathing strangely," according to the incident report.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He said there was a strange odor in the air that made him think of carbon monoxide.

Police officers reporting to the scene administered oxygen to Ware's wife, and after ambulance attendants arrived, gave oxygen to the pets as well.

Police cleared the house when the victims showed signs of improvement, and the Detroit Lakes Fire Department confirmed it was carbon monoxide, according to the report. The Wares were taken by squad car to St. Mary's Innovis for treatment.

Assisting at the scene were St. Mary's Ambulance EMS workers, Detroit Lakes firefighters and Detroit Lakes police officers David Shawstad and Joe Steffens.

Advertisement
news@parkrapidsenterprise.com
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness