Detroit Lakes house fire causes damage; no injuries reported
A house fire was reported Wednesday afternoon on the 1100 block of Campbell Avenue in Detroit Lakes.
No injuries were reported but Detroit Lakes Fire Chief Jeff Swanson estimates the damage at $2,000.
The fire was apparently caused by an electric baseboard heater in the second level home office. It was reported at 2:34 p.m. and extinguished within minutes.
Delores Crane was inside the house when the fire started. She was visiting her son Monty Hanson, the homeowner, who goes to school in Moorhead and wasn't home at the time.
"I saw the flames and grabbed my cell phone, went out the door and called 911 from outside," she said.
The Detroit Lakes Fire and Police Departments, Becker County Sheriff's Department and EMS personnel responded to the fire.