Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Crookston daughter improving after parents died in apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

 Aryanna Ostgaard, found unconscious Monday in her home near here from the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning that killed her parents, is doing much better.

“She’s conscious, she’s talking,” Polk County Chief Deputy Jim Tadman said Friday. “She’s asking for a phone.”

Ostgaard, 22, was taken to Mayo Clinic’s Methodist Hospital in Rochester in critical condition Monday after she was found unresponsive but breathing in her family’s house.

Her parents, Natalie and Kent Ostgaard, were found dead after their youngest daughter, Gabi, 17, called 911 just before 8 a.m. Monday, reporting the apparent poisoning. Gabi was treated at Riverview Health in Crookston and released Monday.

Tadman said toxicology and other autopsy test results aren’t available for an official determination of the Ostgaards’ cause of death. But he said there’s no indication of anything other than accidental poisoning from carbon monoxide.

“Their furnace was not functioning,” he said.

Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
randomness