Car fire destroys Park Rapids man's transportation
A Park Rapids man's wheels went up in flames Monday noon when the portable heater he was using to warm the car ignited it instead.
"It's been pretty cold and it hasn't started for a couple days," Karl Hamblin said. "The heater must have caught fire."
Hamblin's car was a total loss, but the fire was extinguished within seconds by Park Rapids firefighters. Hamblin lives off 190th Street northwest of Park Rapids. His car was parked near his garage.