Big Mantrap Lake home suffers extensive fire damage
A Big Mantrap Lake couple's anniversary didn't quite go as planned Tuesday, although there were ceremonial flames.
Arden and Betty Severson's chimney caught fire and extensively damaged the Steamboat Bay home by the time Nevis firefighters had arrived on the scene about 7 p.m.
The couple, with the help of neighbors, was able to salvage the kitchen stove and dining room table.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.